The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps, Gombe State Command, has arrested five suspects linked to separate syndicates involved in the theft of motorcycles, mobile phones, and other electronic gadgets across the state.
The Command disclosed this in a statement issued on Friday by the Command’s Public Relations Officer, Buhari Saad.
According to the statement, one of the suspects, 19-year-old Haruna Hamman of Billiri Local Government Area, allegedly stole a Boxer motorcycle belonging to Adamu Buba of Lodongor on April 15, 2026.
The motorcycle was reportedly taken from the residence of Jauro Buba in Billiri at about midnight before NSCDC patrol officers recovered it later the same day in Gombe Local Government Area.
Another suspect, Nura Adamu, 29, from Bambam in Balanga LGA, was apprehended in possession of a stolen Jinchen Kasea motorcycle belonging to Victor Thomas of Tumfure, Akko LGA.
Investigations revealed that the motorcycle changed hands through multiple buyers before it was recovered.
According to the NSCDC, “The suspect purchased the motorcycle for ₦500,000 from Jibir Haruna, who had earlier bought it for ₦400,000 from Muhammad Yakubu, alias Buhari.”
The Command also arrested Ishiyaka Ahmed, 20, a resident of Arawa B in Gombe, for allegedly breaking into the residence of one Mubarak Salihu in February 2026 and carting away valuables.
Items reportedly stolen included two laptops, two internet routers, and three power banks.
The statement added that the suspect confessed during interrogation and implicated another suspect identified as Amir, who is currently at large.
“The Command has commenced a detailed investigation to apprehend Yusuf, the prime suspect in the Jinchen Kasea motorcycle case, and other fleeing accomplices,” the statement said.
It added that three suspects remain in custody and would be charged in court upon completion of investigations.
Speaking on the development, the State Commandant, CC Jibrin Idris, reaffirmed the Corps’ commitment to tackling criminal activities in the state.
He urged residents to remain vigilant and promptly report suspicious activities to security agencies.
“We remain committed to bringing criminal elements to justice and ensuring the safety of lives and property across the state,” Idris said.
Read the full article here













