The Imole Campaign Council, the body leading the re-election campaign of Osun State Governor, Ademola Adeleke, in the 2026 governorship poll, has said an independent survey commissioned by the All Progressives Congress projected that the incumbent governor will emerge victorious in the August 15 poll.
The council said it has in its possession the results of a political assessment sponsored by APC, adding that the unfavorable outcome of the survey has led the opposition party to resort to intimidation of the people.
In a swift reaction, Kola Olabisi, the co-chairman of Media (Print) of AMBO governorship council, the group leading the governorship campaign of the APC candidate, Bola Oyebamiji, dismissed the claim, saying the APC did not commission any political assessment survey.
Olabisi also declared that Osun people will vote for the APC candidate regardless of the propaganda of the ruling party in the next governorship poll.
However, the Imole Campaign Council, in a statement signed by its spokesperson, Pelumi Olajengbesi, in a statement obtained in Osogbo on Thursday, insisted that the APC commissioned a “political assessment conducted by independent election and voter behaviour analysts engaged to review electoral realities, public mood, voter psychology, and governance perception across Osun State,” and “reportedly arrived at one painful conclusion for the Osun APC, that Governor Ademola Adeleke is heading towards a massive and decisive re-election victory.”
The statement read partly, “According to findings contained in the assessment, Governor Ademola Adeleke currently enjoys unprecedented public acceptance cutting across civil servants, pensioners, market women, artisans, transport workers, youths, students, professionals, traditional communities, grassroots political stakeholders, and even sections of previously neutral voting blocs across the State.
“The report allegedly projected that Governor Adeleke presently commands well above 72 percent public support ahead of the Osun APC and its candidate, with strong indications that the margin may still widen further as the election approaches.
“More significantly, the political assessment reportedly advised sections of the APC leadership against reckless financial deployment into the election on the grounds that public dissatisfaction against the APC remains deeply rooted while Governor Adeleke’s popularity continues to rise steadily due to visible governance outcomes across Osun State.”
He said the council noted that the growing electoral reality may be a reason for alleged “panic, confusion, frustration, and reckless conduct now being displayed by desperate elements within the Osun APC.
“Having allegedly realised internally that the election is gradually slipping beyond political recovery, the APC has now resorted increasingly to propaganda, blackmail, violence, vandalism, lawlessness, and reckless political conduct capable of threatening public peace and democratic order in Osun State.”
Reacting further, Olabisi, who said Adeleke’s campaign council was out to mislead the public, further noted, “The statement by the Imole Campaign Council on an alleged internal APC assessment projecting victory for Governor Ademola Adeleke is false, baseless, and a desperate attempt to mislead the public ahead of the forthcoming governorship election.
“At no point did the Osun APC commission any assessment that concluded our party is headed for defeat. The so-called report is a fabrication created in the propaganda room of the Accord Party.
“If such a document exists, we challenge the Imole Campaign Council to publish it in full for public scrutiny. Osun people are dissatisfied with the current administration and ready to send the dancing governor back to Ede come August 15.”
He also rejected allegations bordering on violence and desperation levelled against the APC, saying the party will continue to pursue its goal without distraction and remain committed to a peaceful, issue-based campaign.
“Our competent Governorship candidate enjoys the support of the electorate, and he’s fully prepared to take the mantle of leadership and reposition Osun back to its rightful place.
“We also reject the reckless allegations of violence and desperation levelled against our party. The APC remains committed to a peaceful, issue-based campaign. Our competent Governorship candidate enjoys the support of the electorate, and he’s fully prepared to take the mantle of leadership and reposition Osun back to its rightful place,” Olabisi said.
Read the full article here













